The topic of the presentation will be the design process of our newest game The Wizards. Starting with the game jam prototype (nVidia VR JAM Hamburg 2016) through the early access to the final version. In the presentation I will include:
– initial ideas and concepts;
– main mechanics, their design and implementation proces;
– what difficulties we faced during the development;
– what finally made it to the game and what needed to be removed;
– the development of the game during Early Access.
Jakub Pander joined Carbon Studio as junior level designer right after graduating from University of Silesia in Katowice. ALICE VR was Jacob’s first comercial project, his role was to complete existing locations as well creating entirely new levels for the game. After ALICE VR the team started to work on brand new project: The Wizards, a game born from nVidia VR JAM in Hamburg, in which Jacob is responsible for game and level design.
Błażej Szaflik is the founder and president of Carbon Studio. As a video game designer has been working since 2009. Since 2012 he is also a lecturer and mentor at the University of Silesia, where he teaches courses related to the production and design of video games.